November 20th 2014 – This is a Two Part Meeting
Making it BIG with Commercial Properties
- Understanding the different commercial properties asset types and their unique characteristics
- Site Selection Criteria for Land Versus Existing Commercial Property
- Determining the HIGHEST and BEST use of a property
- How to separate the Winners from the Losers…
- Why Income is so Important
- What should you look for when considering a commercial property investment
- Single Tenant Vs Mixed Tenant Mix – and what comprises a good mix
- How is management best handled
- Understanding and Determining CAP Rate, ROI, IRR, etc.
- Is the upside potential large enough ?
Thinking about Commercial Property Investments? Location and site selection can often be the KEY to large upside profit potential.
This month we will cover some of the items that you should be aware of when looking at potential commercial properties and their upside potential. These fundamentals also cross over to residential selection as well.
We will cover:
- Property Location & Market Analysis:
Learn about Macro Basics
- Who are you and your capabilities?
- What are you looking for?
- Where are you looking?
- Why are you looking in that location?
Thorough market analysis may involve more than simply looking at MLS, LoopNet or CoStar comps.
Our speaker Robert Hernandez will present some basics from his practical experience in analyzing market locations for various asset types both in the US and internationally. Imagine signing on to Google Earth to start your market analysis.
Topics to be discussed and included will be:
- Oceans, lakes and rivers- how important are they
- Public infrastructure
- Big Brother
- “Show me the money!”
About the Speaker:
Robert Hernandez is the Founder and President of Private Capital Ventures, Inc. He works with real estate investors and business owners assisting them through challenges as well as maximizing potential property opportunities. He identifies himself as the member of your staff or a trusted professional that you don’t need around all the time, but when you do you are glad he is there.
Whether needing a second set of eyes to analyze every aspect of your real estate portfolio or functioning as an interim turnaround manager for your commercial property business operation, Robert applies his skill sets and practical experience to help you successfully achieve near term and long term goals.
Robert has lived in Tiburon, CA since 2003. He obtained his Florida Real Estate license in 1982 to work at the Galleon Resort in Key West, FL during preconstruction sales & marketing. During 15 years working for major hotel and restaurant chains he moved up the management ranks then continued to graduate school and corporate finance and development. While at corporate he underwrote over $6.0 billion of transactions of acquisitions and ground up developments in the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Russia. He earned a BS from the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University and an MBA from the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University. He has had an active California Real Estate Broker’s license since 2003 and active NMLS license since 2010.
Please visit his website at www.1PCVI.com
Booms, Busts and Beyond Revisited…
Take Away Points from the recent Booms, Busts, and Beyond 2 day workshop with Peter Fortunato and John Schaub
There were a number of dynamite topics covered and the 2 days were filled with tremendous insight into the way these two Legends of Real Estate conduct their business along with their fundamentals beliefs.
We will revisit and cover some of the topics addressed during the event. Whether you were there or could not make it - We promise you do not want to miss this…